I think this is my second time doing a Liebster Award? Or third… I can’t recall because I don’t think I did it every time I was nominated… oops!
But, I got tagged from the lovely Hunida over at Hunida’s Blog the other day so without further ado, here’s the Liebster Award!
Here’s how these things go…
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
What is the grocery store you go to regularly called?
Back at home, I used to go to Safeway because it was literally just right behind us but Safeway is one of the more expensive grocery stores back home. Otherwise, I absolutely loooooove Superstore!
Here in Australia, I’ve been going to Woolsworth because it’s just down the street from where I live
Are you subscribed to any subscription boxes?
Not anymore… I used to subscribe to an underwear box (I know, seriously…). I can’t recall what it was called but I don’t think they’re around anymore. I think they were the first underwear subscription box as well. But I’ve been keen on trying two boxes…
- Plant Therapy – this is an essential oil subscription box. I’m not currently subscribed because I’m still new to the EO industry and want to learn more about it before I subscribe to a monthly oil thing.
- FitFabFun – I’ve seen so many ads for these things and can see the benefits of the box because holy shit, there’s a shit ton of things for only $50 but I haven’t subscribed to it yet because I hate clutter and hoarding so I wouldn’t know what to do with the items I don’t want because I’m also very lazy to try to sell these things.
Do you ever print out your photos anymore?
The last set of photos I printed was from my Japan trip. I printed them out because it was such a big trip, and the living room walls were super plain. Now, I only print polaroids with my polaroid printer.
What was your favourite project you remember working on in High School?
I remember there was like a little mishap with my timetable so I ended up taking Film class as an elective because it was the only class that looked appealing to me in the time slot (the other option was Strength and Conditioning, lol). It was fun because it turned out, a couple of friends were in that class as well.
I think my favourite project would be doing a mini music video with my friends. Or the anti-bullying video… or, the gang violence video. Either way, Film class was the best class for fun projects with friends.
Do you think it’s possible for parents to love one of their kids more than the others?
I believe so. The only reason why I believe it is because, sometimes kids turn out to be an asshole, lol. But if we’re saying the family is all happy and fine, I think parents can love different kids in a different capacity (eg. loving one kid a bit more because the one can be successful, and loving another kid a bit more because he/she is more creative). I’m not sure if that made sense or not, but I think parents can love their kids all differently.
If you could donate a large amount of money to one charity, which would you choose?
I would donate to Indigo’s Love of Reading. The reason being, I absolutely love reading and books, and it’s such a great hobby to develop overtime. It takes people to different places; it teaches; it’s relaxing; it’s inspiring; it pushes imagination. Reading does all sorts of great things!
I remember a while back, whenever I shop at Indigo, I choose to donate a couple of dollars. In the back of the check out counters, I saw that my elementary school was being sponsored by the charity. My love for reading developed in elementary school and seeing pictures of familiar teachers and kids so happy with new books and laptops really touched me.
Do you prefer online shopping over going to the store?
Online shopping, 100%! I hate crowds and messy shops, and waiting in line to try clothes on.
I find online shopping has more selection and sizes available. But, I’m pretty picky with online shops as well – they have to offer in-store returns and same-method refunds. I generally try to avoid stores that only offers in-store credits because there’s not a guarantee I would shop there again.
What was the last book you read that you would give a 5 star rating to?
So, according to my Goodreads, the last 5-star book I read was Educated by Tara Westover. I’m currently reading The Rise and Fall of the Dinosaurs by Steve Brusatte and this is already a 5-star book.
What is your favorite makeup product?
I don’t wear much make-up, the reason being I suck at make-up. But if I had to choose, I think it would be liquid eyeliners. I love Rimmel London stuff.
Do you wash your face everyday with a cleanser?
Yes, I do. I basically use the cleanser when I’m in the shower and I alternate between whatever is cheap/currently on sale in the drug store, lol. But, I’ve some to find the Simple line is super efficient and clears up the skin.
What was your favorite toy as a child?
I loved Barbies and then switched over to Polly Pocket in the 3rd grade. I think Polly Pocket ultimately wins.
11 (Random) Facts About Me
- I am a very picky eater. I dislike donuts, pizza, pasta (or mainly Italian cuisine), apples and oranges, Chinese cuisine… and probably more I’m forgetting on the top of my head.
- My first blog was back in 6th grade on MSN Spaces, and it was called Jessica’s Island.
- I have a Rasputin, and Hitler mug if you ever come over to have a cup of tea with me.
- I wear size 2 youth shoes… or size 4 women’s.
- I have a total of 12 piercings and 3 tattoos. My next tattoo will be a koala bear as a tribute to my move to Australia.
- I am allergic to alcohol (beer, vodka, wine, cider, etc). This allergy developed over time as I was able to drink when I was younger. I’m not talking about “Asian glow” or anything. Full on allergic reaction when I dip my tongue in wine or drink a few sips of beer.
- Foods I can eat every day for the rest of my life? Cheese, sushi and chicken wings.
- I moved out at the age of 23… a bit older than what most young adults would do.
- My biggest fear is snakes. I can’t even look at a picture without feeling anxious and my palms sweaty.
- I’m also very afraid of balloons… but not as afraid as snakes.
- I love solo travelling and try to do it at least once a year.
- Victoria at The Caffeinated Millennial
- Glaiza at Glimmer of Happiness
- Jasmine at Thoughts from Jasmine
- Jess at Jess is Peachy
- Kelsey at Kelsey Writes
- Sage at Sage Olivia
- Sorayah at The Girl in All Leopard
- Bailey at Bailey Bee
- Ella at Purely Ella
- Abigail at Abigail Rose West
- You! If your name isn’t on this list and you’re reading this… give it a shot!
My 11 Questions
- What was your high school experience like?
- What is your go-to dish to cook? (for any occasion)
- What do you dislike most about your city?
- Have you ever had a paranormal encounter?
- Have you ever stolen anything?
- What is your current job and if you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
- Where is your happy place?
- What is the oldest piece of electronics you own?
- If you can get rid of any holiday (hallmark or national), what would it be and why?
- What is something that society does that you just don’t quite seem to understand why?
- How would you define success?
Let me know if you end up doing this tag! I’d love to read your answers and discover other new blogs.